- Updated 31st January 2018
We have a surgery equipment fund for all donations received, which is run by some of our patients for the benefit of the practice.
The money donated to the Surgery Fund by patients, friends and families is greatly appreciated by everyone at the surgery, as it enables us to buy equipment that would not, in the normal way, be available to a small surgery.
We try to buy equipment that will be of benefit to a wide range of patients, young and old, and we also include items which can be used by the nurses and midwife’s out in the community.
FROM DONATIONS RECEIVED, SHAP SURGERY EQUIPMENT FUND HAS PURCHASED THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT DURING 2016/2017:
• A device to help nurses check inhaler techniques with patients
• Elephant feet – to raise the height of some chairs in the waiting room for better ease and access.
• 50% contribution to new flooring in Orton Branch Surgery (as requested by CQC)
• A device called ‘Kardia Mobile’ which can be attached to a mobile phone and will record an ECG at the time of a cardiac arrhythmia
• Fan for waiting room to help cool it down in summer
• Repairs to our syringe driver (used to provide medication to palliative patients)
• New cuffs for blood pressure machines
• New baby thermometer
• Glove box holder in minor operations room
• New pulse oximeter
• New Ear Irrigator (for ear syringing)
• Defibrillator Pads
OUR SINCERE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED TO MAKE THESE PURCHASES POSSIBLE.
Statement of Accounts for 2016-2017
Balance as at 31 July 2016
Balance as at 31st July 2017
If you would like to make a donation to Shap Medical Practice Equipment Fund then please follow these instructions.
• Cheques to be made out to ‘Shap Surgery Fund’.
• Cash and coin collections are also acceptable.
If you prefer you can make donations anonymously, otherwise please ensure we have the details of whom the donation is from (or on behalf of) as we always like to write and thank all who donate.
We will then pass your donation to the Treasurer of Shap Surgery Equipment Fund.