- Updated 31st January 2018
We have a surgery equipment fund for all donations received, which is run by some of our patients for the benefit of the practice.
The money donated to the Surgery Fund by patients, friends and families is greatly appreciated by everyone at the surgery, as it enables us to buy equipment that would not, in the normal way, be available to a small surgery.
We try to buy equipment that will be of benefit to a wide range of patients, young and old, and we also include items which can be used by the nurses and midwife’s out in the community.
FROM DONATIONS RECEIVED, SHAP SURGERY EQUIPMENT FUND HAS PURCHASED THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT DURING 2018/2019:
- Folders for outside of New Patient Leaflet
- Another data logger to alert us if the fridge temperature increases – this will affect any vaccines held if it does.
- Syringe Driver calibration
- Doorbell for Orton – Receptionist can ring it for assistance from GP if held under duress in the waiting room
- Installation of new speakers in waiting room
- Privacy screens for reception and healthcare assistant computers
- Medicated wristbands – for patients on specific drugs to wear
- IPad cover and screen protector
- Induction loop at Orton – helping patients with hearing aids to hear the GP better when in a consultation
- Heart Scan machine – fits in a pocket – to help detection of heart failure
- 3 x oil heaters – to provide heating to GP rooms when heating breaks down
- Flip chart/pens/paper for staff training
- Computer lead and wireless mouse to use at Orton Branch surgery – this means receptionist is able to use an NHS laptop and be connected to the clinical system.
- Portable oxygen for Doctors cars
- Replacement defibrillator pads
- Carbon monoxide machine – to check volumes of carbon dioxide in patients who smoke
- New trolley for Dr Kehoe’s room
- Further supply of Entenox gas
- Service of our spirometer machine
- New cupboard for storage at Orton
- New bins for consulting room
- Rental for Height/Weight/BP machine in waiting room
- New cuff for our 24 hour BP machine
- OUR SINCERE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED TO MAKE THESE PURCHASES POSSIBLE.
If you would like to make a donation to Shap Medical Practice Equipment Fund then please follow these instructions.
• Cheques to be made out to ‘Shap Surgery Fund’.
• Cash and coin collections are also acceptable.
If you prefer you can make donations anonymously, otherwise please ensure we have the details of whom the donation is from (or on behalf of) as we always like to write and thank all who donate.
We will then pass your donation to the Treasurer of Shap Surgery Equipment Fund.